Time: 26 minutes (6 minutes cook time, 20 minutes natural release)
Buckwheat is a good oat-alternative if you’re sensitive to gluten. It’s also
high in fiber and has comparable health benefits to fruits and veggies!
Because of its texture, buckwheat takes a little longer to cook than rolled
oats, so you need to do a natural pressure release to make sure it’s soft
3 cups almond (or rice) milk
1 cup buckwheat groats
1 sliced banana
¼ cup raisins
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Rinse off the buckwheat and put right in the pressure cooker.
2. Pour in the milk, and add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Lock the lid.
4. Select “manual,” and then cook for 6 minutes on high pressure.
5. When time is up, hit “cancel” and wait 20 minutes or so for the
pressure to go all the way down.
6. Open the lid and stir well. Add more milk if it’s too thick for you.
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 240