Time: 15 minutes (3 minutes cook time, 12 minutes natural release)
If someone tells you that vegan food is bland, serve them this breakfast and
they’ll change their mind. It uses steel-cut oats, pumpkin puree, cinnamon,
and allspice. The brown sugar, chopped pecan topping is just as delicious and
adds a nice crunch.
Cooking Tip: If you like really soft oats, cook for at least 7 minutes
instead of 3.
4 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups steel-cut oats
1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon allspice
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooker.
2. Add everything from the first ingredient list (including rest of the
water) into an oven-safe bowl and set in the steamer basket.
3. Lower basket into the pressure cooker and lock the lid.
4. Select “manual,” and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
5. When time is up, hit “cancel” and wait for the pressure to come down
on its own.
6. Mix the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
7. When you serve, sprinkle on top. If necessary, add a little almond
milk to the oats.
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 207