Time: 28 minutes (8 minutes cook time, 20 minutes natural release time)
Tapioca pudding is a classic comfort dessert and one of the foods that’s just
fun to eat. This recipe is for a basic vanilla-and-sugar pudding, though you
can add a variety of seasonings to your liking, like cinnamon, lemon, fruit,
and even chocolate!
1 ¼ cups almond milk
½ cup water
⅓ cup sugar
½ split vanilla bean
⅓ cup seed tapioca pearls
Cooking Tip: If you want a more porridge-like consistency, add ½ cup
more of milk.
1. Pour 1 cup of water into your pressure cooker.
2. Rinse tapioca pearls.
3. In a 4-bowl bowl (safe for pressure cooker), add tapioca, water, milk,
sugar, and vanilla and mix.
4. When the sugar has dissolved, lower into steamer basket and then
5. Select “manual,” and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
6. When time is up, hit “cancel” and wait for the pressure to come down
on its own.
7. When pressure is released, wait 5 minutes before opening the lid.
9. Serve warm or cool in a fridge (covered with cling wrap) for at least
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 187