Servers: 2-4 (depending on what you’re using sauce for)
Time: 25 minutes (5 minutes prep time, 5 minutes cook time, 15 minutes cool
When you’re making anything like cheese as a vegan, there are two key
ingredients to pop up in just about every recipe: nutritional yeast and
cashews. Nutritional yeast has a naturally-cheesy flavor, while cashews
imitate the texture of cheese in cooking when they’re blended. To make a
“cheese” sauce you can use on just about anything, cook nutritional yeast and
cashews in your pressure cooker, along with some potatoes, carrots, onion,
2 cups peeled and chopped white potatoes
2 cups water
1 cup chopped carrots
3 peeled, whole garlic cloves
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup nutritional yeast
½ cup raw cashews
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1. Put everything in your pressure cooker.
2. Close and seal the lid.
3. Hit “manual” and cook for 5 minutes on high pressure.
4. When time is up, hit “cancel” and quick-release.
5. Let the sauce cool for 10-15 minutes.
6. Blend until smooth and creamy.
7. Serve or store!
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 216