Time: 13 minutes (10 minutes prep time, 3 minutes cook time)
If you ever find yourself overwhelmed with zucchini and don’t know what to
do with it, try this creamy zucchini pesto with garlic and basil. It only takes 3
minutes to cook in your pressure cooker, and goes great with pasta, as a
sandwich spread, or mixed into salad dressing.
1 ½ pounds chopped zucchini
1 chopped onion
¾ cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 bunch of basil (leaves picked off)
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1. Prep your ingredients.
2. Preheat your pressure cooker before adding 1 tablespoon of oil and
3. When soft, add the water, zucchini, and salt.
4. Close and seal the lid.
5. Select “manual” and cook for 3 minutes on high pressure.
6. When the timer beeps, turn off the cooker and quick-release the
7. Add garlic and basil leaves.
8. Puree the pesto until smooth.
9. For best results, serve right away with the last tablespoon of olive oil.
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 71.4